Notice: Due to COVID-19, we will be conducting all consultations either via video chat, phone, or email. Please don’t hesitate to call us if you have any questions!

Child support order prohibits man from fathering more children

When a person becomes a parent, it is his responsibility to provide for the care and well-being of his children. However, there are thousands of children out there with a parent who does not meet these obligations. Failure to pay child support by a parent can place great financial strain on the other parent who is trying to be a good mother or father. Often the only recourse that these parents in Salt Lake City and in other areas have is to appeal to a court in the hope that the court will enforce the child support order.

A judge appears to have reached the end of his patience when it comes to a father who has consistently failed to take care of his children financially. The man, who has fathered four children with different women, was recently ordered that he cannot have any more children. The judge told the man that the order was being made because it was the man's responsibility to pay for the children he already has.

The man owes over $96,000 in back child support. In 2011, he pled guilty to charges of failing to pay child support, but apparently has not made any effort to pay any of that money. In addition to the order relating to the fathering of more children, the man has also been given five years of probation.

Given the man's history, it is likely that the children's mothers will have a lengthy court battle on their hands in their efforts to get the father to start supporting his kids. Child support is designed to assist with the financial needs of children, medical needs, education and anything else they may need.


Turn to Just Law, Where Family Matters most.

    • Please enter your name.
    • This isn't a valid phone number.
      Please enter your phone number.
    • This isn't a valid email address.
      Please enter your email address.
    • Please make a selection.
    • Please enter a message.
Contact Us Today