Attorney Laura Hansen is proud to have helped co-found Just Law in 2010. She has been practicing Family Law since 2003 when she graduated from law school. Following graduation, Laura did family law with Utah Legal Services and also practiced at a private law firm in St. George, UT in the areas of Immigration Law and Social Security.
In 2006, Laura began representing neglected, abused, or abandoned children in Juvenile Court and District Court cases at the State Guardian ad Litem office in St. George. The following year, she relocated to Salt Lake City to work with the Guardian ad Litem's office at the West Jordan Courthouse representing children whose parents were involved in high conflict or otherwise contentious divorces.
Laura received her Basic Mediation Training through the Utah State Courts that same year, and got her Advanced Domestic Mediation training at the Center for Advanced Mediation Studies two years later. With over a hundred mediations under her belt, she believes very firmly that people can create the best solutions for their own problems with assistance from an experienced mediator and attorney.
Laura received her training in Collaborative Law in 2012 and is a Board Member of the Utah Association of Collaborative Professional's. She is also a member of the Litigation and Family Law Sections of the Utah State Bar and is admitted to practice before all District Courts in Utah as well as the Utah Supreme Court.
- B.S. in Psychology and Political Science- University of Utah, Sum Laude
- Juris Doctorate- Brigham Young University School of Law- 2013
- International Human Rights Law- Semester abroad in Budapest, Hungary
- American Bar Association
- Utah State Bar
- Utah State Bar, Family Law Section
- Utah State Bar, Dispute Resolution Section
- Utah State Bar, Litigation Section
- Association of Collaborative Professionals
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts
Pro Bono Activities
- Pro Bono Private Guardian ad Litem
- Tuesday Night Bar Legal Advice Clinic
- Board Member of Wasatch Kids Camps
Laura has two children enjoys many hobbies including: skiing, rock climbing, Latin dancing and traveling.